2 pounds baby red skinned potatoes
Vegetable oil, for coating
Salt and pepper, for sprinkling
1 red onion, sliced into ½ inch slices
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
1 ½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
½ cup dill, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
2 tbsp. chives, minced
- In a large pot place potatoes and cover with cold water and a large handful of salt. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer for 7minutes. Drain and let cool. Once cool enough to handle cut in half and drizzlewith vegetable oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat (400°-425°). Clean and oil the grates.
- While grill is preheating make your dressing. In a bowl combine the oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the herbs. Set aside.
- Grill the onion slices about 5 minutes per side until charred and slightly softened.
- While the onions are grilling, grill the potatoes cut side down for 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook another 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and add the herbs. Stir to combine.
- Remove the grilled onions and roughly chop. Add to the grilled potatoes and herbs. Add half of the dressing, mix well without breaking up the potatoes too much. Taste for flavor adding more dressing if needed by the tablespoon.