- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz mixed wild mushrooms, sliced (such as shiitake, oyster, etc.)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 oz refrigerated pizza dough
- cornmeal, for dusting
- ½ cup fontina cheese, shredded
- ½ cup taleggio cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- truffle oil, for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp water, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 25 minutes or until onion is very soft, browned and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Scrape onions into a bowl; set aside.
- Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 1 Tbsp oil. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, tossing to coat. Saute 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms have released their liquid and browned. Remove from heat.
- Shape dough into a 10-inch circle; place on a pizza peel or rimless sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Top with cheeses, onion and mushrooms. Sprinkle with thyme. Slide onto preheated baking stone. Bake 8-9 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden and crisp. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired.