4 slices applewood-smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
3 1/2 cups chopped onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 15-ounce cans cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed, drained
1 1/2 cups root beer
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook bacon in large ovenproof pot over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels.
- Add onions to drippings in pot; cook until beginning to brown, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic; stir 1 minute. Add beans, root beer, vinegar, molasses, tomato paste, mustard, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper; mix.
- Stir in bacon; bring to boil.
- Transfer to oven; bake uncovered until liquid thickens, about 30 minutes.
Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/