1 can, sweet corn
1 can, black beans (unseasoned)
1 can, Rotel tomatoes
1 can, diced tomatoes
1 pound, ground chuck
3/4 cup, brown sugar
1 packet, chili seasoning
1 raw jalapeño, sliced
2 cloves, garlic, chopped
2 tbsp, salt
1 tbsp, pepper
- Brown the beef, drain the fat, but leave a little extra grease. Just a little bit, probably a tablespoon’s worth.
- Mix in the chili seasoning, garlic and jalapeños and cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes in the frying pan, stirring occasionally.
- Empty beef, garlic and jalapeño mixture into crock pot, set on low heat.
- Mix in sweet corn, black beans, Rotel tomatoes, diced tomatoes, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Let it stew for three hours or overnight. Your call. The longer it cooks, the better it is.
- Once ready to eat, set crock pot on “keep warm” for an hour, then eat all of the chili.
- Best garnished with sour cream, colby jack and/or guacamole.