- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped red bell pepper
- 2 (6.3-ounce) boxes Israeli couscous
- 3 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cooking spray
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 6 minutes. Add couscous, and cook 5 more minutes. Add broth, tomato, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook, covered, over medium-low heat 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
3. Cook the bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble and reserve. Wipe skillet.
4. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add spinach; cook 1 minute.
5. Add spinach, bacon, and lemon juice to couscous mixture; toss to combine. Transfer stuffing to 11- x 7-inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray, and cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.