- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth, Swanson® Certified Organic Chicken Broth or Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 5 large potatoes (about 2 ½ lbs), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 ½ cups)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper
- Bring the broth and potatoes to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander, reserving the broth.
- Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup reserved broth, the cream, butter and black pepper. Add additional reserved broth, if needed, to reach desired consistency