Thursday, May 9, 2013
Grain-Free Vegetable Lasagna
Grain-Free Vegetable Lasagna:
2 medium tomatoes
2 cups tomato sauce
15 oz. whole milk ricotta
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 pasture raised egg
1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
1/3 cup parmesan cheese (for topping)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°. Cut eggplant and zucchini into slices lengthwise (see photo below). Place on a baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with a little bit of Italian seasoning and salt. Cook for about 7-10 minutes on each side (cook for about 7 minutes, flip slices, cook for another 7-10 minutes). When the veggies are done roasting remove from the oven and turn down to 350°.
2. In a bowl mix together ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan, egg and Italian seasoning.
3. In an 8X8 pyrex baking dish spread a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce to cover the bottom. Place eggplant slices over the sauce like you would with lasagna noodles. Use all the eggplant slices. You can overlap with a second layer of eggplant. Then follow with enough tomato sauce to cover the eggplant and then follow with the ricotta mixture. Repeat process with zucchini and tomato slices. The top should be a layer of ricotta.
4. Sprinkle 1/3 cup parmesan cheese over the top.
5. Bake in 350° oven for 30-40 minutes. The cheese on top will start to brown and bubble.