- Ground Beef (can use lean, ground chuck, etc)
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- All Purpose Flour
- Vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced
- Heat one or two tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Press ground beef into doughnut shaped patties (the hole in the center will allow it to cook more evenly and will fill in as they shrink during cooking).
- Dip each patty into flour on both sides and place in hot skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until browned.
- Scoot patties to one side and add onions to skillet.
- Stir and cook for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Pour in 1 cup beef broth and cover.
- Allow to cook until meat is no longer pink in the center, about ten minutes.