1 # ground round
1 stick of butter
1 cup flour
1 cup each chopped onion, celery, carrots. I saute' the onions in a little
butter. Boil the celery and carrots until tender.
1 large bag of mixed frozen vegetables
1 large can of chopped tomatoes. Juice and all
1 T Accent
2 T beef base
1 T of ground black pepper
- In a large 6 quart kettle melt the butter and whip in 1 cup of flour mixing to a smooth paste.
- Turn the heat off after butter has melted.
- Slowly add 1/2 gallon of hot water to the paste.
- In another pan saute' the ground round
- Drain the grease, add the ground round to the mixture.
- Add the cooked celery, onions and carrots.
- Add the frozen vegetables, tomatoes, accent, beef base, pepper.
- DO NOT SALT.
- Must use beef base not beef bullion cubes.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for at least 3 hours.