Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 stalk celery , chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes , crushed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary , crushed between your fingers
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley or 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar (if needed)
- Over medium heat, sauté the onion and celery in a medium non-stick saucepan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- When the onion is translucent, add the tomatoes, broth, oregano, rosemary.
- Simmer on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to the blender, (work in batches if you need to) add the roasted garlic, and puree until fairly smooth.
- Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Taste the soup, and if it is too acidic, add a little sugar to taste.
- Serve with some chopped fresh basil.